Digital Communications Officer
This is a new role that will influence the digital conversation across NSW, raising awareness of social issues.
Based at State Support Office in Lewisham
Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
Fundraising and Communications is a team of Society employees and volunteers dedicated to raising profile, awareness, funds and support for the ‘good works’ of the St Vincent de Paul Society. The Fundraising and Communications team encompasses a range of professional services, including; communications, public relations, media liaison, publications, fundraising, events & sponsorship, bequests, and marketing.
The Digital Communications Officer will fulfil broad public relations and communication functions with a focus on all digital engagement and website requirements for the for St Vincent de Paul Society NSW. The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing Vinnies NSW social media presence;
- Managing and updating NSW website content;
- Developing social media plans and providing NSW digital media platform analytics;
- Creating content including video for all social media channels; and
- Other broad public relations and communications functions as needed.
This role will report to the Communications Manager and will have a close working relationship with the Senior Communications Coordinator. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in journalism, communications or a related discipline
- Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience writing for online channels
- Experience with the creation of content in a website content management system
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering email communications to a range of audiences
- Demonstrated experience in developing messaging and copywriting for the digital environment
- Experience in proactively and creatively analysing and managing content across web and social media channels to maximise opportunities
- Experience in preparation of digital assets using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Content Management Systems and website optimisation
- Experience in preparing media release and writing articles for publications
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Computer proficiency including advanced MS Word, Excel, and online database skills (e.g. Media Monitors)
- Proven capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Capacity to adhere to the Society’s mission, ethos and Code of Conduct
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, and Entitlement to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Philip Sen (Communications Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting job number and position title: Digital Communications Officer (SSO) / VIN966.
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 25 June 2018
Please submit your application - attach your Resume and your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.