Manager, Corporate Governance and Risk Management
Based at State Support Office, Lewisham NSW
Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
Corporate Governance Overview
The Corporate Governance team provides support and advice in the development of corporate governance frameworks, special works framework, organisational policies, document management and best practice record keeping and administration practices, and support and advice on the submission of tenders for Society activities.
The Manager of Corporate Governance and Risk Management is responsible for the provision of best practice corporate governance advice and services for the Society (including Amelie Housing Company). This includes the coordination, effectiveness and review of corporate policies, document management, governance and special works frameworks and processes, risk management, governance assurance, as well as support and advice in the submission of tenders.
This role will report to the Executive Director, Executive Secretariat. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant qualifications
- Experience working with a Board and organisational committees
- Management experience including strategic planning skills in a government or not for profit environment
- Understanding of best practice corporate governance frameworks and implementation practices
- Capacity to adhere to the ethos and mission of the Society
- Experience in leading, managing and developing staff particularly within a change context
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven networking and stakeholder management skills
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven reporting writing and written communication skills
- Proven project management and planning skills
- Knowledge of current issues facing the not for profit industry and incorporated not for profit organisations
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Joanne Yates (Executive Director, Executive Secretariat) firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job number and position title: Manager, Corporate Governance and Risk Management/ VIN961.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 17 June 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume including your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.