Based at Vinnies Services in Deniliquin, NSW; may involve travel to meet client needs
- Residential Drug and Alcohol Collective Agreement 2009; Level 2A, hourly rate is $29.48
- Current NSW Driver Licence is required
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Case Worker is responsible for the efficient and effective case management support and processes in co-operation with individual clients, for the design, implementation, monitoring, and review of case plans for all clients presenting with a complexity of needs and/or issues that are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
This role will report to the Team Leader. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Qualifications in Social Work/Social Science/Community Welfare or other relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people, in a variety of settings
- Willingness to work within the ethos and Mission Statement of the St Vincent de Paul Society
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work/client load
- Sound knowledge of, and an ability to access, a range of relevant community resources, particularly in the areas of drug and alcohol services, mental health, legal assistance, income support, employment service providers, training and accommodation, family assistance and permanent housing options.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised.
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Understanding of child protection issues, legislation and requirements.
- Sound knowledge of the social, community and private rental housing market in NSW.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a caseload and case planning, including people with complex and/or high-level needs.
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Proficiency with computers
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to email@example.com quoting job number and position title: Case Worker (Vinnies Services, Deniliquin) / VIN939.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 28 May 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.