Senior Program Manager - Care Coordination
Maximum term 36 months, full-time
Based in Parramatta, NSW
- Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
SVDP NSW Support Services provides support for people experiencing need in NSW. It is comprised of more than 40 different programs across the state. SVDP NSW Support Services provides programs across areas including drug and alcohol, gambling, homelessness, disability, mental health, community development and refugee support.
The Care Coordination program as well as the Nepean Blue Mountains Aftercare and Western Sydney Co-occuring program sits within the broader St Vincent de Paul NSW Alcohol and Other Drug Specialist Network. This program is particularly intended to provide enhanced Care Coordination to persons with high support needs who face barriers in accessing or remaining connected to services because of substance use disorder and/or experience difficulties accessing substance use treatment due to other co-occuring needs.
The Senior Program Manager- Care Coordination (SPM-CC) has direct responsibility for the client support and operations of the Care Coordination program, the Western Sydney Co-occurring Support Needs program and the Nepean Blue Mountains Aftercare Support Coordination Program. Its direct reports include Care Coordination Team Leaders, Care Coordinators and Aftercare Program Workers.
The SPM-CC will provide direct support to the Senior Operations Manager- Health in areas relating to the Care Coordination portfolio, including developing and potentially managing new opportunities. The Clinical Director- Treatment and Services (who oversees all Alcohol and Other Drug treatment services in NSW) will provide dotted line support and direction to this role in the areas of treatment and care, as well as best practice, quality and continuous improvement.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• High level and significant demonstrable experience in managing drug and alcohol, mental health or other health related services
• Knowledge of, and an ability to access, a range of relevant community resources, particularly in the areas of drug and alcohol rehabilitation, mental health, legal assistance, income support, employment service providers, training and accommodation.
• Previous management experience including operations management
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate effective teams that contribute to client outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to lead multiple teams and/or coordinate multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to manage and develop staff
• Demonstrated ability to represent an organisation
• Demonstrable understanding of the issues related to managing programs and services
• Demonstrated understanding of Quality Improvement
• Demonstrated understanding of managing a service towards the achievement of accreditation standards
• Understanding of WHS standards and practices
• Willingness to work within the Mission and Values of the St Vincent de Paul Society
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to David Kelly (Senior Operations Manager – Health) firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job number and position title: Senior Program Manager - Care Coordination /VIN935.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 30 May 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.