Truck Driver / Storeperson
- Your opportunity to make a difference!
- Full time, 38 hours per week
- Based in North Wollongong, will work within Wollongong region
- Requires current LR Licence
- Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015, role is classified as Team Member Grade 2, hourly rate is $24.24.
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The Wollongong Central Council covers the area from Glenfield in the north to Ulladulla in the south and west to the Southern Highlands. There are a number of low socio-economic areas including broad acre housing estates in Campbelltown and areas of need in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven. The Wollongong Central Council operates a number of special works including Mental Health, Community Development and Accommodation Services.
The Truck Driver/Storeperson's key responsibilities will include:
- regular collection of donations from clothing bins in different locations;
- pick up furniture and other goods donated by generous members of the community;
- delivery of all collected donations to the warehouse or to Vinnies shops as required;
- ensuring security, safety, maintenance, cleanliness and operation of vehicles and warehouse equipment;
- ensuring safety of all volunteers who use such vehicles and equipment.
This role will report to the Area Manager. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
•Safe driving skills
•Good communication skills
•Physical ability to perform duties required of this position
•LR Drivers Licence
•Good geographical knowledge of the Wollongong areas
•Thorough knowledge of all road rules and regulations
•Thorough knowledge of Manual Handling procedures
•Thorough knowledge of Work, Health and Safety legislation and procedures
•Perform all duties in a manner consistent with the philosophies, aims and objectives of the Society
•Treat clients with sensitivity at all times
•Maintain and respect confidentiality in relation to Society, Centres and Volunteers
•Have a sensitivity and awareness of class and cultural differences
•Work in a cooperative and empathetic manner when dealing with homeless people, other agencies, Society members, staff, volunteers and the general public
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job number and position title: Truck Driver/Storeperson (VIN933).
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 22 May 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.