SPARK Program Officer
Permanent part-time x2 positions
Hours 67 to be worked 9 days per fortnight; involves occasional weekend work
Based in Liverpool, NSW; travel around Western Sydney
SCHCADS Level 4, hourly rates from $31.05
You will work in a dynamic and creative working environment with great opportunity for direct community involvement.
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
SPARK was established in 2006 to support children and families from refugee, asylum seeker and migrant backgrounds to settle into Australia well and to thrive in their community. SPARK enables these families to become fully engaged and settled members of their community through connections with schools, local volunteers, and organisational partners. SPARK inspires and builds the capacity of communities to work together for an inclusive, equitable and compassionate society. SPARK activities run within schools across Western Sydney during school terms on a weekly basis. SPARK responds to individual and school needs to provide a stimulating, safe and welcoming environment for children and their families.
The SPARK Program Officer is responsible for coordinating the development, implementation, and evaluation of SPARK early intervention activities for primary aged children and their families from refugee, asylum seeker and migrant backgrounds. Building and maintaining effective working relationships with partner schools, volunteers, program partners and participants in the SPARK program is also an important part of the role.
This role will report to the SPARK Program Coordinator. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum Certificate IV) in community development or community services; or an Education qualification with related community development experience.
- Demonstrated practical experience of program implementation and development in a school or community setting.
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating projects using volunteer support.
- Experience in working with migrant or refugee families in the context of settlement.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders at various levels, establishing and maintaining strong strategic partnerships.
- Strong administrative skills including experience in using the MS Office suite of programs.
- NSW Drivers licence, and a willingness to travel around Western Sydney and fulfil occasional weekend work.
- A willingness to adhere to and support the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and Entitlement to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Jessica Graham-Franklin (Program Coordinator) Jessica.Graham-Franklin@vinnies.org.au, quoting job number and position title : SPARK Program Officer (Liverpool) / VIN906.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 19 April 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.