Truck Driver (Brookvale)
- Your opportunity to make a difference!
- Full time, 38 hours per week; 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Based in Brookvale, NSW; requires working in other locations covered by the Broken Bay Central Council
- Current Licence (LR, MR or HV)
The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Broken Bay Central Council includes the Central Coast of NSW, Sydney’s Northern Beaches, and the Upper North Shore. It has Vinnies Centres (retail shops) which generate sales annually to enable the Diocesan Council to provide assistance to the local community, particularly the disadvantaged by way of its special works.
About the Role
The Truck Driver will report to the Transport Manager and be primarily responsible for the collection and transport of goods donated to and sold from Vinnies Centres. Click here for more information about this role.
What you Need
- Experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant Workplace Health & Safety legislation
- Recent completion of a Manual Handling Course
- Willingness to adhere to the ethos and mission of the St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW
- Professional empathy skills in working with donors and welfare clients
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Physical capacity to stand for long periods of time and lift goods safely
- Valid & current NSW Driver’s Licence (LR, MR or HV)
Conditions of Employment
The conditions of employment are governed by the Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015. The position is classified as Team Member Grade 2 and the hourly rate is $24.24.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
What we Offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s live.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax free.
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic team of employees and volunteers
How to apply Online
Your application will include the following:
- Cover letter: Introduce yourself and explain why you are applying for this opportunity.
- Current curriculum vitae: Outline your education and qualifications and detail a history of your employment and work experience.
To apply online, please follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your cover letter and CV. (Note: We do not accept applications sent by email.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to email@example.com with the subject line Truck Driver (Brookvale) / VIN877.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 26 March 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is an Equal Employmet Opportunity Employer
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.