Property & Work Health and Safety Manager
- Full-time/permanent position
- Based in Lismore, NSW
- Current NSW Driver Licence is required
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Role
The Property and WHS Manager role is under the direction of the Executive Officer and the primary objective is to oversee the management of all building assets within the Lismore Central Council that are both freehold and leasehold. These properties include shops, houses and special purpose buildings. The role is also responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for volunteers, employees and clients across the Diocese. Coordinating all relevant activities such as conducting WHS audits, training, and risk management is a vital part of this role. You can find more information about this role in the position description.
What you need
- Demonstrated experience and/or qualifications in property management including maintenance, compliance, and project management of building works
- Experience in the use of property management software and coordinating contractors and other consultants
- Qualifications and/or demonstrated significant experience and commitment to best practice WHS
- Demonstrated experience in implementing WH&S systems and processes in line with legislation and standards
- Certificate IV in training or preparedness to undertake same
- Capacity to communicate with internal and external stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds, across a range of areas related to the responsibilities of the position
- Strong attention to detail
- Organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work unsupervised, prioritise workflows and meet strict deadlines
- Current valid drivers licence
- Advanced skills in the MS Office suite eg. MS Word, Excel and Outlook
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
1. A cover letter with Claims to the Essential Criteria:
- Please provide information about why you are applying for the role; and
- Claims to the essential criteria: This is required for your application. Please address the Essential Criteria by explaining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet them.
2. Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply online - follow the prompts below. Please ensure that you answer the questions and attach your documents that include the Claims to the Essential Criteria listed in the position description.
If you have questions about this role, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with email subject line: Property & WHS Manager (Lismore) / VIN861.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 29 March 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.