Registered Nurse (Homeless Health Clinic, Woolloomooloo)
- Casual - 9am-5pm mostly weekdays although occasional weekend work may be available
- Based at the Health Clinic, Matthew Talbot Hostel in Woolloomooloo
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The SVDP NSW Support Services Health Clinic is a primary health care facility which administers health care to clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. The Team Leader is responsible for the management of Clinical Services. Registered Nurses provide the day to day clinical care of clients. Both parties work according to the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society and the policies and procedures of SVDP NSW Support Services.
About the Role
This is an exciting role that would be best suited to a nurse who has a solid background in general/primary health nursing. Skills and experience in mental health and/or drug and alcohol nursing would be beneficial. A keen interest in working with homeless people is essential. The Registered Nurse will co-ordinate and deliver high quality nursing care to clients at risk of or experiencing homelessness in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team consistent with SVDP NSW Support Services/St Vincent de Paul Society policies, procedures and standards.
You can find more information about this role in the Position Description.
The conditions of employment are governed by the by the Nurses Award, and the pay structure is based on the Public Health System Nurses & Midwives' (State) Award 2015 . Casual hourly rates range from $30.8105 to $43.2632 (dependent on qualifications/experience) plus casual loading where applicable.
What you need
- Willingness to work within the ethos, policies and procedures of the St Vincent de Paul Society and the SVDP NSW Support Services
- Registered General Nurse with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience in a generalist setting.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Capacity to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, staff, management and external agencies.
- Interest in and understanding of issues relating to homelessness.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with people from diverse backgrounds including culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- Training and development opportunities
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- A cover letter with Claims to the Essential Criteria: The claims to the essential criteria is an important part of your application. Please address the Essential Criteria by explaining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet them. Please also provide information about why you are applying for the role
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply online, follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your documents (maximum of 2 documents).
Note: We do not accept applications sent by email.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Julie Smith (Team Leader, Health Clinic) Julie.email@example.com ,with email subject line: Registered Nurse (Homeless Health Clinic) / VIN859.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 13 March 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.