Organisational Development Administrator
- Full-time position based at the State Support Office in Lewisham, NSW
- Generous salary packaging
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Organisational Development team function is responsible for building the capacity of Society people (members, volunteers and staff) for positive organisational growth. This is done through facilitating the development of the skills and capabilities, developing the organisational culture and equipping Society people for positive change. The Organisational Development team function also works in partnership with the HR function and other P&C functions to meet the workplace relations needs of the Society and supporting ongoing organisational change.
The Organisational Development Administrator is responsible for the provision of support for the Organisational Development team. Primary emphasis will be on maintaining the Organisational Development Intranet page, assisting the Learning and Development Partners with events coordination and Learning & Development processes; coordinating the implementation of the Society Training Calendar and providing general administration support to the Organisational Development team.
This role will provide you with a lot of opportunities to utilise and further enhance your administration and customer service skills, and will suit one who enjoys working in a busy and friendly environment. Read more about this role.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Relevant qualification or equivalent experience
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to carry out duties autonomously
- Commitment to providing high quality customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organisation, administration and time management skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft software including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong computer literacy including use of internet and information management systems
- Willingness to work within the philosophy and ethos of the Society
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
The conditions of employment are governed by the Social Community Home Care & Disability Services Award (SCHCADS). The position is classified as Level 3 and hourly rate range from $27.26 to $29.24 depending on qualifications.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply:
Applications will include the following:
- A cover letter with Claims to the Essential Criteria:
Please explain how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the Essential Criteria. Also provide information on why you are applying for this role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply, follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your documents. (Note: We do not accept applications sent by email.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to Valli Beattie (Acting Group Manager, Organisation Development) email@example.com, with subject line Organisational Development Administrator (Lewisham) / VIN830. Questions about the application process, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 25 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.