Centre Supervisor (Picton)
- Your opportunity to make a difference!
- Full time, 38 hours per week
- Based in Picton, NSW
- Current Driver Licence is required
The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Wollongong Central Council covers the area from Glenfield in the north to Ulladulla in the south and west to the Southern Highlands. There are a number of low socio-economic areas including broad acre housing estates in Campbelltown and areas of need in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven. The Wollongong Central Council operates a number of special works including Mental Health, Community Development and Accommodation Services.
About the Role
The Centre Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Centre in Picton and will report to the Retail Area Manager. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- supervising and training a team of staff and volunteers,
- staff rostering,
- ensuring adequate level of stock is available at all times,
- maintaining high visual merchandising and store presentation standards, and
- effective customer service.
What you need to be successful in this role
Demonstrated experience in a retail supervisory role
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Good communication skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service
- An understanding of the principles of volunteer management
- The ability to ensure stock levels are maintained and stock is sorted, priced and presented to a high standard
- An understanding of Work Health and Safety and other relevant legislation
- Current Drivers licence
- Willingness to commit to the philosophy and values of the St Vincent de Paul Society
Conditions of Employment
The conditions of employment are governed by the Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015. The position is classified as Team Member Grade 3 and the hourly rate is $26.66.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
What we Offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s live.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax free.
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic team of employees and volunteers
How to apply Online
Your application will include the following:
- Cover letter: State why you are applying for this opportunity.
- Current curriculum vitae: Outline your education and qualifications and detail a history of your employment and work experience.
To apply online, please follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your cover letter and CV. (Note: We do not accept applications sent to the HR email address.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to email@example.com with the subject line Centre Supervisor (Picton) / VIN824.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 22 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is an Equal Employmet Opportunity Employer
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.