HR Operations Team Leader
- Full-time position based in Lewisham, NSW
- Lead a medium sized team and use your HR generalist experience to achieve improvements to HR process, compliance and service delivery
- Generous salary packaging
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The newly formed People & Culture Division supports the 4,000 members, 15,000 volunteers and 2,000 employees of the Society in NSW in the areas of Organisational Development, HR Partners, WHS and Industrial Relations, Recruitment, HR Operations and Payroll, Conference and Member Support and Policies, Child Safe and Complaint Handling, and promotes best practice and empowers our people to live the Society’s Mission and Vision through their work.
The HR Operations Team Leader will lead a team of HR Assistants (currently 5) and HR Interns in providing operational HR support including employment lifecycle documentation and record keeping for all workers. The role is also responsible for developing tools and templates and improving HR Operations processes, this will include leading small projects or involvement in larger scale projects. Regular feedback, guidance and performance management and training will also be provided by the HR Operations Team Leader to ensure that the HR Assistants are able to effectively perform in their respective roles. The role reports to the Manager, HR Operations, Recruitment and Payroll who will provide mentoring and guidance and support your collaboration with other departments. Read more about this role in the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or Organisational Development or equivalent and extensive experience across a broad range of human resources disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, review and implement procedures and strategies.
- Strong communication and writing skills and the ability to adapt communications and correspondence to reflect the culture and audience.
- Ability to work with managers and staff at all levels of the Society, and impart HR information to stakeholders.
- Strong practical knowledge of Australian employment legislation, the application of awards/agreements and contract laws and practices.
- Strong working knowledge of HR processes and best practice.
- Developed leadership skills including coaching and mentoring others.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement practical solutions which meet organisational requirements.
- Great organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, administrative and Microsoft Office skills
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
- Cover Letter (this is optional): Provide information on why you are applying for this role.
To apply online - answer the screening questions below this job advertisement and attach your document/s. (Note - We do not accept applications sent by email.)
If you have questions about the role, please call Serena Dyce (HR Operations, Recruitment and Payroll Manager) on 0499 967 775. Questions about the application process, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 21 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.