Marketing and Communications Manager
Eagle Vale, NSW
- Full-time position based in Eagle Vale
- Involves intermittent out of hours work, including weekends and evening
- Generous salary packaging that includes a motor vehicle
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Wollongong Diocesan Central Council covers the area from Glenfield in the north to Ulladulla in the south and west to the Southern Highlands. It operates a number of special works including Mental Health, Community Development and Accommodation Services. It also has 25 Vinnies Centres that provide furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people in need and are also a valuable resource for people on low incomes, enabling them to buy quality items at an affordable price.
About the Role
The Marketing and Communications Manager will support the Retail, Enterprise and Special Works of the Wollongong Central Council with all of its marketing and communication requirements. The position will work closely with the Managers in the development and implementation of structured and strategic marketing and communication campaigns including fundraising events. You can find more information about this role in the position description.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience including marketing, communications, and event management.
- Experience in marketing, communications, events, fundraising or related functions.
- Proven program or project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Capacity to adhere to the ethos and mission of the Society.
- Understanding of Work, Health and Safety requirements.
- Current NSW Drivers’ licence.
- Capacity to work intermittently out of hours, including weekends and evening events.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards. A generous salary packaging calculated based on annual salary and includes a motor vehicle will be offered to the successful candidate.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- A cover letter with Claims to the Essential Criteria:
Please explain how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the Essential Criteria. Also provide information on why you are applying for this role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply, follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your documents.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Tracey Johnston (Financial Controller, Wollongong Central Council) email@example.com with subject line Marketing and Communications Manager (Eagle Vale) / VIN819. Questions about the application process, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 18 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.