Industrial Relations Manager
- Full-time position based in Lewisham, NSW
- A senior level IR support and advice role
- Competitive salary plus super; generous salary packaging
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
People and Culture Overview
The Work, Health and Safety, Industrial Relations and HR Partnering function works with the internal functions within People and Culture in providing professional support to employees and volunteers working within the Society:
- Organisation Change and Development
- Policy, Child safe and Complaints Management
- HR Operations, Recruitment and Payroll
- Conference and Member Support and Engagement
The Industrial Relations Manager is responsible for the management of professional industrial issues and advice regarding the Industrial Relations Framework, including relevant policies and procedures, advice concerning the management of Enterprise Agreements and adherence to Modern Awards, and for proactive industrial advice concerning contemporary industrial issues and practice within the Society.
The role provides senior level IR support and advice to the Executive Director People and Culture, Group Manager Workplace Relations, and relevant Society managers. You can find more information about this role in the Position Description.
What you need to be successful
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or Industrial Relations
- Significant experience in industrial relations roles including external tribunals and forums
- Substantial experience in advising regarding workplace legislation and policy, and the Federal Industrial Relations system
- Substantial experience in the provision of industrial relations advice and the ability to adapt communication dependent on the audience
- Excellent negotiation, stakeholder management and conflict resolution skills
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills across a range of mediums/approaches
- Proven project management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Proven independent working and collaborate skills
- Ability to deliver industrial training to diverse internal stakeholders
- Willingness to adhere to the ethos, mission and vision of the Society
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards. Generous salary packaging is available.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- A cover letter with Claims to the Essential Criteria:
Please address the Essential Criteria by explaining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet them. Please also provide information about why you are applying for the role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply online, follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your documents (maximum of 2 documents).
If you have questions about this role, please email to Verity Lloyd firstname.lastname@example.org , with subject line: Industrial Relations Manager / VIN817.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 18 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.