Store Managers (Sydney Metro)
Are you a Department Manager for a large retail store? Or do you manage a boutique fashion shop?
- Full time positions x3; 40 hours per week
- Sydney Metropolitan locations: Vinnies - North Shore, Eastern Suburbs and Inner West
- Would you like to be on a potential package of $70K+?
About the Role
As a Vinnies Store Manager you will lead a team of staff and volunteers to successfully manage the Vinnies Store. Supported by the Area Manager, you will drive and achieve the store’s results, demonstrated through increased sales, employee engagement, customer satisfaction and stock control. With strong visual merchandising skills, you will set an example for extraordinary performance. The role is best suited for a dynamic people manager, is full time, based on 40 hours per week with locations Sydney Metropolitan wide.
What you need to be successful in this role
You will have previous success within retail management and hold exceptional customer service skills. You will have passion that will motivate and inspire your team, be enthusiastic and reliable. Your will be a confident decision maker with problem solving skills as this is essential to the success of the role.
You will have a creative flair along with an understanding of how to work with stock that may come into the store; along with the capacity to commit to the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society. Read more about this role.
Conditions of Employment
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards. Salary packaging is calculated based on the annual salary.
What are the Benefits?
- A collaborative culture within a team that works at an accelerated pace
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free
- Training and development opportunities
- Utilise your retail experience and outstanding customer service skills to help improve the lives of vulnerable people
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Medical Assessment and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People
How to apply online
Your application will include:
- Claims to the Essential Criteria in the cover letter:
The Claims to the Essential Criteria is an important part of your application. Please explain how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the essential criteria . Please also provide information about why you are applying for the role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
Apply online - follow the prompts below: Answer the questions and attach your documents (maximum of 2 documents). Note: We do not accept applications sent by email.)
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
If you have questions about this role, please email to email@example.com, with email subject line: Store Manager (Sydney Metro)/VIN815.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 15 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.