Local Area Coordinator ( LAC) NDIS - Sydney
Changing lives and Growing Communities!
- Full time (38 hrs per week) roles until June 2018 - initial 3 month contract.
- Salary range from 59K up to 65K per annum +9.5% super and access to salary packaging up to $18,000.
- Local Area Coordinator roles available at Burwood location.
As part of the mission and vision of St Vincent de Paul Society NSW (‘the Society’) is to shape a just and compassionate society and to offer a “hand up” to those living with disadvantage. The Society has been commissioned to deliver essential Local Area Coordination (LAC) services as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) rollout in NSW.
The Society’s work in Local Area Coordination involves:
- Assisting individuals, families, carers and communities to access information on the NDIS.
- Providing information to individuals, families and carers to identify their goals, strengths and needs, and plan for their future.
- Supporting individuals, families and carers to identify personal and local community networks to develop necessary supports and solutions to meet their goals and needs.
- Supporting, assisting and consulting with individuals and families accessing the LAC Program in a way that promotes independence, empowerment and involvement.
The successful Local Area Coordinator candidate will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS and the rights of people with disability to determine their own futures, choose their supports and be fully included within their local communities.
- Demonstrated experience working to the mission and vision of an organisation and with an ethical, inclusive and non-judgmental attitude towards others.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a field based team.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and an ability to connect with and empower others
- Demonstrated written skills, IT literate and able to work with client information systems.
- A valid driver licence and ability to undertake regular travel across Sydney districts.
The following will also be highly regarded:
- Demonstrated experience working in the human services sector e.g. disability, child services, allied health, social work, community development, education; and/or
- Relevant qualifications or training on social inclusion, community development and engagement or person centred thinking and planning.
- Lived experience of disability will be highly regarded.
The role of the LAC is varied and highly rewarding. You will be supporting people with disability, their families and carers to connect with the NDIS, build their capacity to self-direct their supports and to achieve their goals and aspirations. You will also support the wider community to be more inclusive to people with disability. We encourage a collaborative and team-orientated culture with ongoing training and development practices to help you and your fellow LACs develop and thrive in the program.
The full position description is available at this LINK - please read this before applying.
Pre-employment Clearances: Pre-employment checks will include two (2) reference checks, signing of a Health Declaration, and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia and Working With Children Check http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check if successful for the role.
How to Apply: To apply you will need to upload your current resume/CV and answer the questions below to be eligible for interview.
APPLY NOW – Don’t Miss Out.
Like to know more? If you have questions about this role, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assessment Centres will held on the 21st of March, 2018 in Lewisham.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.