Warehouse and Transport Logistics Manager
- Full-time position based in Unanderra, NSW
- Requires MR and forklift licence
- Generous salary packaging including a motor vehicle
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Wollongong Diocesan Central Council covers the area from Glenfield in the north to Ulladulla in the south and west to the Southern Highlands. It operates a number of special works including Mental Health, Community Development and Accommodation Services and 25 Vinnies Centres. Vinnies Centres provide furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people in need and are also a valuable resource for people on low incomes, enabling them to buy quality items at an affordable price.
About the Role
The role is responsible for overseeing warehouse, transport and logistic operations for the Wollongong Central Council. Your role will involve stock inventory, keeping track of delivery times and transport costs, managing/reporting on budget, and ensuring that operations comply with Work, Health, and Safety procedures.
The centralisation of warehousing and logistics is a new venture being implemented to standardise our approach and to improve operations. This will be a great opportunity for you to utilise your knowledge and expertise in establishing and streamlining processes aimed at optimising efficiencies in warehousing and transport. Vinnies is also involved in the state-wide Container Deposit Scheme and the Unanderra warehouse is one of the storage and processing centres for collected items. This position will be instrumental in supporting this venture.
Your working relationships will be diverse and will include volunteers, warehouse staff, Centre Supervisors and Retail Area Managers. Read more about this role.
What you need to be successful in this role
- Significant experience in logistics, transport and warehousing
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficiencies in standard logistics software
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills to manage internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Strong leadership talent, interpersonal and organisation skills
- Excellent computer skills including operation of Microsoft Office suite of programs
- MR and forklift licence
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- Cover Letter with claims to the essential criteria: Please address the essential criteria by explaining how your knowledge, skills, and experience meet them. Please also provide information about why you are applying for this role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply online, follow the prompts below - answer the screening questions and attach your documents. (Note: We do not accept applications sent by email.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to Tracey Johnston (Financial Controller) email@example.com, with email subject line: Warehouse and Transport Logistics Manager (Unanderra) /VIN793. Questions about the application process, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 28 January 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.