- Full-time, 38 hours per week; involves on-call roster
- Based in Macarthur, NSW
- Hourly rate starts from $31.05 (SCHCADS)
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
About the Role
The Case Worker is responsible for the efficient and effective case management support and processes in co-operation with individual clients, for the design, implementation, monitoring, and review of case plans for all clients. Your experience in working with families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness due to domestic violence will be considered as an advantage to this role. Read more about this role.
What you need
The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Qualifications in Social Work/Social Science/Community Welfare or other relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people, in a variety of settings
- Willingness to work within the ethos and Mission Statement of the St Vincent de Paul Society
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work/client load
- Sound knowledge of, and an ability to access, a range of relevant community resources, particularly in the areas of drug and alcohol services, mental health, legal assistance, income support, employment service providers, training and accommodation, family assistance and permanent housing options
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace
- Understanding of child protection issues, legislation and requirements
- Sound knowledge of the social, community and private rental housing market in NSW
- Demonstrated experience in managing a caseload and case planning, including people with complex and/or high-level needs
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Proficiency with computers
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
The conditions of employment are governed by the Social Community Home Care & Disability Services Award (SCHCADS). The position is classified as Level 4 (transitional) and hourly rate starts from $31.05 depending on qualifications/experience.
Pre-employment checks will include two (2) reference checks, signing of a Health Declaration, National Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check (click here for information http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/Working-With-Children-Check/Paid-workers). You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- A cover letter with Claims to the Essential Criteria: Please address the essential criteria by explaining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet them. Please also provide information about why you are applying for the role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
Apply online: follow the prompts below - answer all the questions and attach your documents . (Note: We do no accept applications sent by email).
If you have questions about this role, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with email subject line Case Worker (Macarthur)/VIN787.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 22 January 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.