Executive Officer - Bathurst Central Council
- Full-time position based in Orange, work in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- Leadership role with one of Australia’s largest retailers and member based organisations.
- Competitive salary plus super, maintained motor vehicle and generous salary packaging
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
Bathurst Central Council
The Bathurst Central Council seeks to ensure that our community services and support operations are delivered effectively and in accordance with the mission of the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW, operating in central west NSW and covering the area from Lithgow to Coonabarabran and Cowra to Coolah.
The Council operates 17 Vinnies Stores along with a distribution Centre which provide the essential income to support its special works. The stores also support the Councils operations with the provision of furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people who are being assisted by conference members. The Council also operates a number of special works including the ‘Vinnies Van and Café’, ‘Orange Food Pantry’, ‘Mary O’Leary Centre’ and the ‘Breaking the Barriers’ Program.
About the Role
The Executive Officer is responsible for the management of the Central Council’s operations and activities and works closely with the Bathurst Central Council President. The position provides management and leadership in collaboration with the Bathurst Central Council and ensures delivery of the NSW State Council strategy and policies through the direction provided by the Executive Director.
The Executive Officer oversees the management of the employees and a large base of volunteers of the Bathurst Central Council and is an integral part of the Society's Senior Management structure. To be successful in the role, the Executive Officer must work across the staff, membership and volunteer populations, and effectively support the interaction between these groups and build a collaborative culture of service for both internal and external stakeholders. You can find more information about this role in the Position Description.
What you need to be successful
- Tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in managing community services and or other relevant operations.
- Multi-Site Retail or Business Operations experience.
- Extensive experience in leading, managing developing and sustaining a team across a wide geographical area.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management, communication and negotiation skills along with an ability to negotiate with and influence a broad range of stakeholders including volunteers, members and staff.
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships and networks with key government departments and community organisations.
- Strong strategic planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with a board or other oversight body.
- Desire to promote and model the ethos and Mission of the Society in all interactions with staff, members, volunteers and the broader community.
Experience working in and/or with a membership or volunteer organization will also be highly regarded.
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards. Generous salary packaging that includes a motor vehicle.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
Pre-employment checks will include two (2) reference checks, signing of a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- A cover letter with Claims to the Essential Criteria:
Please address the Essential Criteria by explaining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet them. Please also provide information about why you are applying for the role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply online, follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your documents (maximum of 2 documents).
If you have questions about this role, please email to Peter Knock - Executive Director (Central Councils and Commercial Operations) email@example.com , with subject line: Executive Officer - Bathurst Central Council / VIN754.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 21 January 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.