Service Manager - Caroline Chisholm Centre
Mt Druitt, NSW
- Full-time position
- Position at Caroline Chisholm Service in Mt Druitt, NSW
- Current NSW driver's licence is required
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
About the Service
The Caroline Chisholm Centre for Social Justice (the Centre) provides emergency relief assistance to people experiencing various forms of disadvantage and social injustice. In addition to responding to immediate and urgent need, the centre provides social work and counselling support, financial inclusion programs, education, employment skills and life skills programs to assist people in need address the causes of their disadvantage.
About the Role
The Service Manager will be responsible for the strategic leadership and effective management of the Centre, ensuring that all services are provided within the strategic direction of Parramatta Central Council and the philosophy of the St Vincent de Paul Society. In consultation with the Exectuive Officer, the Service Manager will develop, recommend and deliver strategic plans that include sustainable programs which meet the needs of the local community. Read more about this role.
What you need
- Tertiary qualifications in social welfare/social sciences or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and oversight of best practice client support programs and service delivery practices.
- A commitment to high standards of client service provision and viable service operation
- Demonstrated experience and skills in all aspects of management of service operations, including budgeting and financial management, staff management and compliance issues.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills including ability to engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Awareness and understanding of the Work Health and Safety legislation and a commitment to promoting safe work practices.
- Competency in using the MS Office suite of programs including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Current driver's licence
- Commitment to promoting and adhering to the Mission and Ethos of the Society
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- A cover letter with Claims to the Essential Criteria:
The claims to the essential criteria is an important part of your application. Please address the essential criteria (Job Info) by explaining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet them. Please also provide information about why you are applying for the role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply online, follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your documents. (Note: We do not accept application sent to the HR email address.)
Please email any enquiries about this role to email@example.com, and include the position title and reference number in your email subject line: Service Manager - Caroline Chisholm Centre / VIN523.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 20 July 2017
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.