Warehouse General/Production Hand - Return & Earn
- Full-time - Permanent
- Based in Penrith NSW
- Current NSW Driver's Licence & Forklift Licence
- Hourly rate is $24.60 plus casual loading where applicable (Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015, Team Member Grade 2)
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Return & Earn Warehouse General/Production Hand role is part of the Commercial Enterprises team in the Commercial Enterprise, Fundraising and Communication. The team is responsible for state-wide recycling and sustainability initiatives; Container Deposit Scheme (CDS); and new commercial enterprises.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society NSW has entered into a contract with Tomra/Cleanaway to provide over the counter and bulk container collection facilities as part of the state wide Container Deposit Scheme (CDS). The CDS, known as Return and Earn, is a State Government initiative to reduce the impact of drink container litter in the environment.
The CDS warehouse site is the centre for receiving bulk deposits of recyclable drink containers to be counted and sorted onsite using specialised equipment. The warehouse serves the local region in which it is based.
A primary objective of the role is to provide a high level of customer service to members of the public who utilise the Return & Earn service. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- receiving deposits of recyclable drink containers from customers and partner sites
- carrying out all tasks related to the collection, storage and transportation of recyclable drink containers collected from partner site
- operating warehouse equipment e.g. forklift, etc. and carrying out related duties in accordance with strict work, health and safety procedures
- managing point of sale for refund and sales transactions
- supporting and undertaking directions from Supervisor with collection and sorting of recyclable drink containers at CDS locations.
This role will report to the Container Deposit Scheme Warehouse Manager. Please click the position description to view the full list of accountabilities and responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Experience working within a warehouse and/or production environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet production requirements
- Capacity to perform manual tasks within a warehouse environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and also independently
- Understanding or work, health and safety requirements within a warehouse environment
- Experience in using forklifts and be in possession of current Forklift Licence
- Willingness to uphold the ethos and mission of the Society
- Current Drivers Licence and Forklift Licence
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Jon D'Astoli (CDS Project Manager) at email@example.com, quoting Warehouse General/Production Hand (CDS Penrith) / VIN2134
Please click here for Information on how to apply.
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 25th January 2021
Please submit your application with your Resume attached.
St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.