- Location Vinnies Shop - Dubbo
- Bring your retail management experience, fashion flair and creativity to an organization that does good!
- Retail management role with variety and autonomy across all areas of store operations. Fashion retail experience would be highly regarded.
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
Vinnies operates one of the largest retail operations in Australia with a network of 250 stores across our network and are really leading the way in recycled and sustainable practices in the industry. Our Stores are more than charity shops they are a treasure trove of fashion finds and collectibles. We are looking to recruit a number of highly customer focused Store Leaders with a creative eye across our retail network.
You will be accountable for:
- Managing store budgets and ensuring all financial targets are achieved.
- Staffing and rosters
- Managing staff and volunteer engagement; including selection, orientation and on-the-job training.
- Managing and maintaining all Store stock levels, merchandising and pricing taking into account customer demand and seasonal demand.
- Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service including dealing with customer feedback in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Ensure all welfare clients presenting vouchers are dealt with in a professional, confidential and friendly manner.
For a full list of accountabilities and responsibilities for this role, please refer to the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Qualifications and/or experience managing retail stores, preferably fashion retail with a great eye for merchandising.
- Demonstrated ‘Customer-centric’ approach.
- Proven people management skills including leading, motivating, coaching and developing teams.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills and exceptional communication ability.
- Must be analytical with the ability to review store performance data to enable effective reporting and decision-making on operational performance.
- Demonstrated experience setting KPI’s.
- Proven ability to analyse and merchandise stock to maximise sales.
- Ability to develop, mentor and motivate a dynamic team of employees and volunteers.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have any questions about this role, please email to email@example.com, quoting: Store Manager Dubbo/VIN2132
Applications will close at 11 pm on 18 January 2021
Apply online - attach your Resume and cover letter with your responses to the Role-specific Criteria listed in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.