Internal Communications Coordinator
Lewisham; flexible to work within any of the Society's main regional offices
- Focus on internal communications across a breadth of services
- You can be mentored as you grow your internal communications experience
- Opportunity to have real impact in your work
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. Our mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
In this role you will focus on managing our internal communications plan across a range of internal media and play an active role in ongoing digitisation of our communication platforms. You will report to or Director, Communications and Marketing and have the opportunity to be mentored and work collaboratively within a team environment. You will already be working in a similar role and have a good understanding of internal communications, social media and video production and be keen to take on greater responsibility, manage your own outcomes and have the opportunity to work across a wide gamut of projects.
You will be accountable for:
- Support the implementation of the Internal Communications Plan.
- Maintain, support and action the Internal Communications Plan in alignment with key objectives.
- Coordinate the requests of our internal and external stakeholders for input into the Internal Communications Plan.
- Contribute to the existing internal communication channels.
- Utilise appropriate communication tools and distribution channels to disseminate information across the organisation.
- Prepare, produce and edit video and digital content.
- Prepare written communications and engaging content for a variety of internal audiences as well as identifying new tools as appropriate.
- Extensive collaboration with the Communications and Marketing functions of the organisation to ensure messaging is in alignment.
- Assist in the measurement, analysis and reporting of internal communication activities.
This role reports to the Director, Communications and Marketing. Please click here for a copy of the position description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in journalism, communications and/or public relations and experience in a Communications, Public Relations or Internal Communications role.
- Experience in maintaining and implementing an Internal Communications Plan or Strategy in collaboration with a Communications team.
- Experience in creating digital content and strong understanding of social media platforms.
- Ability to translate information into clear, compelling messages and to create targeted communications.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to produce, shoot and edit video and digital content for internal communications purposes.
- Well organised and task focused; ability to prioritise.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please contact Steven Murphy (Director, Communications and Marketing) on email@example.com.
Please click here for Information on how to apply.
Applications close at 11 pm on Sunday 24th January.
Please submit your application online, attach: your Resume and your responses to the Role-specific criteria outlined under the Essential Criteria of the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.