Commercial Enterprise Business Development Coordinator
Flexible to work in any of the Society's main metropolitan or regional offices across NSW
- Permanent, full-time
- Flexible to work in any of the Society's metropolitan or regional offices
- Must have the flexibility to travel across NSW
- Current NSW Driver Licence is required
- Generous salary packaging benefits
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The role is part of the Commercial Enterprise team that is responsible for state-wide recycling and sustainability initiatives; Container Deposit Scheme (CDS); and new commercial enterprises. This is a vital support role to the ongoing development of the commercial enterprise business units and its projects. You will be responsible for:
- coordinating the delivery of commercial projects aimed at diversifying income generation and promotion of environmental sustainability
- conducting market research to identify opportunities for new commercial ventures
- contributing to the development and implementation of operational structures and systems to launch new commercial and social enterprises.
The Commercial Enterprise Business Development Coordinator will report to the Manager, Commercial Enterprise. For a full list of accountabilities and responsibilities for this role, please refer to the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s and/or experience in business, marketing or equivalent/associated disciple related to the role.
- Established experience in social and commercial enterprise service design.
- Sound business acumen demonstrated through innovation and enterprises.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial success and ability to identify and act on market opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in project and operational management to oversee effective implementation of initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed understanding of current issues facing the social enterprise sector and not for profit industry.
- NSW driver licence.
- Ability to travel across NSW.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have any questions about this role, please email to Mitchel Saddler (Manager, Commercial Enteprise) on email@example.com, quoting: Commercial Enterprise Development Coordinator /VIN2127.
Applications will close at 11 pm on 31 January 2021
Apply online - attach your Resume and cover letter with your responses to the Role-specific Criteria listed in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.