Business Administration Officer
- Permanent, full-time
- Based in Eagle Vale, flexible to work in other metropolitan or regional Vinnies offices
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The Business Administration Officer role is part of the Commercial Enterprises team that is responsible for state-wide recycling and sustainability initiatives; Container Deposit Scheme (CDS); and new commercial enterprises. The role will provide a variety of administrative support and coordination.
The Business Administration Officer will:
- respond to all enquiries from current and potential business partners, and internal stakeholders
- support the Vinnies Textile Recycling business - manage dispatch notices, collate records for all wholesalers; verify invoices for payment
- support the refund processes for the six Container Deposit Scheme (CDS) sites
- manage weekly reconciliation to verify accuracy of CDS payments
- provide other administrative support including: managing timesheets for staff; organising invoices for processing by the Finance team; petty cash reimbursements and reconciliation; verifying accuracy of donations data; records management etc.
- preparing daily/weekly/monthly reports as required by the different businesses within the Commercial Enterprise team.
This role will report to the Manager, Container Deposit Scheme. Please click here for a copy of the position description that contain the full list of accountabilities and responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in administrative procedures.
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in data/information systems and interpretation, data handling and manipulation across a range of software platforms.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people.
- Sound organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks in a busy environment.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrated ability to use client database and Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people. .
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Jon D'Astoli (Manager, Container Deposit Scheme) on email@example.com , quoting Business Administration Officer - Commercial Enterprise/VIN2124
Applications close at 11:00 pm on 18 January 2021
Please submit your application online - attach your Resume and your responses to the 'Role-specific criteria' outlined in the attached Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.