Lewisham; flexible to work within any of the Society's main regional offices
- Lead a small team and focus on external Communications and Media
- Role offers broad remit and autonomy in decision making
- Opportunity to have real impact in your work
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. Our mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
As the Manager, Communications you lead a small team to develop and deliver the communications strategy for the organisation. You will work closely with your colleagues to create campaigns that deliver real impact to the community and enable the Society to deliver that hand up to people in need. This is a broad that will provide you the scope to collaborate on a wide range of projects. You will already be in a similar externally focussed role and have a network of media contacts, managing publications and producing media releases.
You will be accountable for:
- Leading the design and implementation of state-wide communications strategies across fundraising, enterprise and retail operations, service provision, and advocacy campaigns.
- Managing all corporate communications needs of the organisation
- Providing timely and strategic communications advice to manage and protect the reputation; identify and manage crisis communications.
- Managing all communications daily activity, including producing press releases, and create key media opportunities for programs, services, appeals and Society events.
- Leading the delivery of external communications, public relations and media liaison.
- Building strategic relationships with media outlets and partners.
- Overseeing the content creation, production and delivery of Vinnies publications, including the Annual Report.
- Advising stakeholders on communications needs and strategy.
- Collaborate extensively with the Internal Communications, Marketing and Design functions of the organisation to ensure alignment of messaging.
This role reports to the Director, Communications and Marketing. Please click here for a copy of the position description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s and demonstrated ability and expertise in communications, media, marketing and public relations strategy and processes.
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in implementing communications strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in high-level media and issue management in a complex organisation.
- Experience in driving the content and production of publications for an organisation or business.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please contact Steven Murphy (Director, Communications and marketing) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for Information on how to apply.
Applications close at 11 pm on 27th September 2020
Please submit your application online, attach: your Resume and your responses to the Role-specific criteria outlined under the Essential Criteria of the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.