Portfolio Asset Manager
Preferred to be Woolloomooloo or Lewisham (but flexible within any of the Society’s main metropolitan or regional offices across NSW)
- Permanent, full time 38 hours per week
- Base location – Preferred to be Woolloomooloo or Lewisham
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
This position is within the Finance and Corporate Services directorate and is part of the Corporate Services. This team is responsible for state-wide property management; facilities management; procurement; and fleet.
The Portfolio Asset Manager will develop and implement a property and asset management plans in accordance with the Property Strategy to deliver a financially sustainable property portfolio which provides operationally effective assets that meet user needs.
The key responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Strategic Business Planning - Ensure the successful implementation of the Strategic Plan (including the Property Strategy) within the Finance and Corporate Services directorate.
- Asset Management Planning - Develop and implement state-wide property and asset management plans to maintain, utilise, improve and maximise the value (delivered to the Society) of the property portfolio in coordination with the Director Property, Manager, Projects, the Property and Facilities Managers across the state. Provide research, analysis and market overviews to various commercial markets.
- Business Partners - Act as the business partner for the key internal customers (Vinnies Services and Commercial Enterprises / Retail) to build a consistent strategy for the ongoing and forwarding looking plans for the portfolio and business services. Provide direction for the Property Team on leasing strategies and driving leasing outcomes.
- Major Projects - Assist and coordinate with Director Property and Manager Projects on any major projects (in excess $300,000).
- Disposal and Acquisition – assist in the planning, due diligence, negotiation and transaction / financial close for property acquisitions or disposals.
- Reporting and Governance - Develop and implement a plan for the management, recording, updating and reporting on the property portfolio as a whole and by segment (i.e. retail, support services and other facilities) with particular emphasis on performance against targets set in accordance with the Property Strategy.
- Capital Expenditure Management - Develop and administer the capital expenditure and budget process to acquire, maintain and conduct significant upgrades, and ongoing management and maintenance of properties.
- Valuations and Property Database - Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of the property portfolio which includes up to date valuations and other relevant information.
- Safety and Workplace - Ensure a safe working environment for members, staff and volunteers by implementing the Society’s workplace health and safety practices.
- Compliance with Policies - where necessary, ensure that staff and volunteers complete relevant pre-engagement checks (National Criminal History check, and where required Working With Children Check); act in accordance with the organisation’s Code of Conduct and Member and Volunteer Charter; and comply with the organisation’s Workplace Health and Safety program.
- Risk Management - Ensure that effective risk management protocols and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with legal, employment and governance requirements.
For a full list of accountabilities and responsibilities for this role, please refer to the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in commerce and/or property management or related fields.
- Demonstrated expertise in property portfolio management, valuation, asset management, acquisition and disposal and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in overseeing effective implementation of initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyse business data and analytics to enable effective reporting and decision-making on portfolio performance both operational and strategic.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with key stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and in providing accurate reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- High-level understanding of current issues facing the property sector and not for profit industry.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Justin Lynch (Director, Property and Facilities) Justin.email@example.com , quote: Portfolio Asset Manager /VIN1950
Applications close at 11 pm on 7 July 2020
Please submit your application online, attach your Resume and your responses to the Role-specific Criteria outlined on the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural a nd linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.