Warehouse Supervisor - Container Deposit Scheme
Permanent, full-time 38 hours per week
- May involve Saturday and/or Sunday shifts
Based in Cardiff, NSW
- Current Driver Licence & Forklift Licence
Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement, Team Member Grade 3
- Hourly rate $26.66
- An exciting new project, environmental initiative; work with a small, committed team
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The St. Vincent de Paul Society NSW has recently entered into a contract with Tomra/Cleanaway to provide over the counter and bulk handling collection facilities as part of the state wide Container Deposit Scheme (CDS).
The NSW Container Deposit Scheme is a State Government initiative to reduce the impact of drink container litter. The Return and Earn is the largest litter reduction scheme introduced in NSW, and will help meet the Premier’s goal of reducing the volume of litter in the state by 40% by 2020.
The CDS warehouse site is a new centre for receiving bulk deposits of recyclable drink containers to be counted and sorted onsite using specialised equipment. The warehouse serves the local region in which it is based and forms part of the Society’s NSW Container Deposit Scheme.
The primary responsibilities of the Warehouse Supervisor - CDS is to lead a customer focused team and supervise the activities of the Warehouse. Other key responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that recycling and warehouse operations are conducted in accordance with Work Health & Safety requirements
- Assigning, planning and delegating work flow activities of warehouse to ensure efficient processing of container deposits
- Coordinating repairs, cleaning and maintenance of warehouse equipment
- Developing/maintaining reporting metrics and analyse data to assess performance and recommend improvements with respect to the CDS site functions
- Maintaining relevant records with regards to Point of Sale (POS) systems
This role will report to the Warehouse and Transport Logistics/Operations Manager. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated 3 – 5 years’ experience as Warehouse Supervisor
- Excellent communication skills with experience in negotiation and facilitating a resolution
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage and plan to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of WHS and carrying out safety procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and warehouse Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Willingness to uphold the ethos and mission of the Society
- Current Driver Licence & Forklift Licence
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Ken Hill (Operations Manager) email@example.com, quoting job number and position title: Warehouse Supervisor (Cardiff) /VIN1020.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 24 July 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume including your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.