- Permanent, full-time 38 hours per week
- Based at State Support Office, Lewisham NSW
- Some travel may be required; must have capacity to work flexibly including weekends and evenings
- SCHCADS, Level 3, hourly rates range from $27.26 to $29.24 depending on qualifications/experience
- Work with a dynamic and friendly team
- Be at the forefront of making a difference to the lives of people we assist
- Opportunities to improve and enhance your relationship building and communication skills
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The Membership Administrator will provide administrative support and coordination to closely aid the work of the Vice-President – Members, Volunteers and Youth and the Manager Membership Strategy and Executive Support to effectively support the portfolio of Members Volunteers and Youth.
The Membership Administrator will provide administrative support and coordination to closely aid the work of the Vice-President – Members, Volunteers and Youth and the Manager - Membership Strategy and Executive Support to effectively support the portfolio of Members Volunteers and Youth.
The key responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
Preparing /handling incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepare executive level papers as needed
Assisting with the coordination of communications platforms, such as e-newsletters and web pages; editing and formatting communications within the Vice- President’s portfolio
Organising travel and accommodation as required
Calendar / diary management for Vice-President of Members, Volunteers and Youth
Some data entry or working with database owners to manage uploads of data to the relevant database
This role will report to the Manager - Membership Strategy and Executive Support. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Good understanding of organisation communication principles
• Strong writing and editing skills
• A high level of organisation skills.
• Experience in an administrative role including support for senior staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A high level of computer literacy with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel.
• Strong experience and skills in online systems and database management.
• Capacity to work flexibly including weekends and evenings
• Capacity to adhere to the mission and ethos of the Society
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Peter Bonwick (Acting Group Manager) email@example.com or Dom Bondar (Manager - Membership Strategy and Executive Support) firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job number and position title: Membership Administrator (Lewisham)/ VIN1017.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 24 July 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.