Casual Shop Assistant - Waverley
Casual - variable hours / on an as-needs basis
Vinnies Shop - Waverley
Hourly rate: Team Member Grade 1 - $22.88 plus casual loading where applicable (Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015)
Your opportunity to make a difference!
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
Vinnies Retail Centres are venues where goods are collected, sorted and displayed. Quality donated goods are then either given to people requiring assistance or made available for customers to purchase at reasonable prices.
The Shop Assistant will report to the Store Manager and will assist in the daily operation of the Centre. The Shop Assistant will ensure that tasks relating to customers and welfare clients, Work Health and Safety, merchandising, stock sorting and pricing are carried out in accordance with St Vincent de Paul Society NSW policies and procedures.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
Flexibility to work weekends and extended opening hours as required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Willingness to work with financial targets and budgets.
- The ability to ensure stock levels are maintained and stock is sorted, priced and presented to high standard.
- Willingness to uphold the ethos and mission of the St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW in all dealings with the store.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check, a medical check, and Entitlement to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to email@example.com quoting job number and position title: Shop Assistant (Waverley) / VIN1016.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 22 July 2018
Please submit your application online with your Resume.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.