Support Worker (Randwick)
Permanent, part-time 14 hours per week
- Hours to be worked on shifts: Friday 12 pm to 6 pm; and Saturday 9 am to 5 pm
Based in Randwick, NSW
- SCHCADS Level 3, hourly rates from $27.26 depending on qualifications
- Opportunity to: gain experience and contribute to initiatives in the community sector; be mentored by a dedicated and skilled team.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
Sydney Archdiocese provides support for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in the Family & Community Services (FACS) districts of South East Sydney, Inner West Sydney and South West Sydney. Its Client Support Services provide case management and advocacy for single men and women, couples without children and families, in their homes or in crisis or transitional accommodation.
The position holder is responsible for:
- providing a variety of support to clients at the site location;
- assisting in the entry and assessment of new clients at the site; and
- assisting in the daily running of the site
This role will report to Senior Team Leader. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
The St Vincent de Paul Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Appropriate Certificate or equivalent experience or currently undertaking tertiary study, in a related field
- Good written and oral communication skills, including good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people, in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised.
- Willingness to work within the ethos and Mission Statement of the St Vincent de Paul Society and the Society’s Code of Conduct and ability to maintain an ethical, yet non-judgemental, attitude towards residents and staff, and a commitment to this.
- Sound understanding of child protection issues, legislation and requirements.
- Understanding of homelessness issues and its effects.
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- Good knowledge of work, health and safety legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to work a rotating roster covering day, afternoon and sleepover shifts.
- Good knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Current NSW drivers licence.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number and position title: Support Worker (Randwick) / VIN967
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 21 June 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.