Workplace Health and Safety Manager
Based in Lewisham, NSW
Generous salary packaging benefits
Play a lead strategic role in an area of priority for the organisation
Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture
Work as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The newly formed People & Culture Division supports the 4,000 members, 15,000 volunteers and 2,000 employees of the Society in NSW in the areas of Organisational Development, HR Partners, WHS and Industrial Relations, Recruitment, HR Operations and Payroll, Conference and Member Support and Policies, Child Safe and Complaint Handling, and promotes best practice and empowers our people to live the Society’s Mission and Vision through their work.
The Workplace Health and Safety Manager will play a lead role in the development, implementation and monitoring of the workplace health and safety system, processes and specialist advice across the Society of NSW. An important part of this role is to provide reports to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board on the implementation of the WHS Strategy. The WHS Manager's role is largely strategic in nature, but on occasions will include providing some operational assistance to Councils and Services.
This role will report to the Executive Director - People and Culture and its direct reports include the WHS Coordinator and WHS/RTW Officers. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety
- Substantial experience in a senior level dedicated safety role
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to develop effective relationships with managers, executive, staff and individual Councils to achieve business outcomes
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety and Workers Compensation legislation, Regulations and Australian Standards
- Experience in leading and collaborating a team of WHS professionals
- Experience in the development and implementation of Workplace Health and Safety management systems to meet the requirements of legislation and best practice
- Demonstrated experience in injury management and return to work programs
- Excellent communication, analytical and influencing skills in implementing change around the management of WHS
- Understanding of the diverse needs of the Society’s workforce for the WHS function
- Ability to work with managers and staff at all levels of the Society, and impart complex Workplace Health and Safety information to stakeholders in a readily understood manner
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Daniel Lucas (People and Culture Business Manager) Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job number and position title: WHS Manager (Lewisham) / VIN953.
Note: Application for this position has been re-opened and previous applicants will not need to re-apply.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 18 July 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.