Retail Support Officer
- Casual (work on an as needs basis)
- Based in Armidale, NSW
The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Armidale Diocesan Central Council (ADCC) is the body that oversees all the activities, functions and operations of the St Vincent de Paul Society within the Armidale Diocese and seeks to ensure that our community services and support operations are delivered effectively and in accordance with the mission of the St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW. The Armidale Diocesan Central Council extends over a vast area incorporating the regional hubs of Armidale, lnverell, Moree, Gunnedah and Tamworth , providing services and support to the Armidale Diocese. The main services include welfare provision, youth programs , 20 retail stores, and a range of other special works.
About the Role
The Retail Support Officer will assist and support the operations of all centres throughout the Armidale Central Council. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- supporting the Executive Officer in developing and implementing a Centres Strategy that is consistent with the state-wide Retail Strategy;
- developing strategies to increase the quality and volume of donated goods and support the implementation of a marketing plan that will result to an increase in sales;
- supporting and training volunteers in all aspects of retail, selling, stocking, merchandising and customer service;
- overseeing the performance of volunteer Coordinators and managing staff/volunteer issues within the retail area promptly and in accordance with Society policies;
- overseeing the financial resources and monitoring sales results of the Centres.
Conditions of Employment
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards. The hourly rate range from $27.18 to $29.74 (plus casual loading where applicable) depending on qualifications.
What you need
- A demonstrated track record in successfully managing retail operations.
- A demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices of volunteer management.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate activities to meet strict timeframes, including the capacity to manage personal work priorities and professional development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision, and to organise meetings and training on an as-needs basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication and research skills, including the ability to effectively write reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to use the MS Office suite of programs (eg. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- An understanding of and willingness to adhere to and support of the Mission, Vision and Ethos of the Society.
- A current driver’s licence.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
What we Offer
By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
How to apply online
Your application will include the following:
- Cover letter with claims to the Essential Criteria: State why you are applying for this opportunity and explain how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the Essential Criteria.
- CV / Resume: Provide a list of your education/trainings and a brief employment history and work experiences.
To apply online, please follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your cover letter and CV. (Note: We no longer accept applications sent by email.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to Gary Bennett (Executive Officer - Armidale) email@example.com with the subject line Retail Support Officer (Armidale) / VIN833. Questions about the application process, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close at 11:30 pm on 27 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.