Warehouse Production Hand
- 2x Full time positions, 38 hours per week
- Based in Unanderra, NSW
- Requires current Driver Licence and Forklift Licence
The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Wollongong Central Council covers the area from Glenfield in the north to Ulladulla in the south and west to the Southern Highlands. There are a number of low socio-economic areas including broad acre housing estates in Campbelltown and areas of need in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven. The Wollongong Central Council operates a number of special works including Mental Health, Community Development and Accommodation Services.
The Wollongong Diocese currently has 25 Centres. Vinnies Centres provide furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people in need and are being assisted by conference members. Centres are also a valuable resource for people on low incomes, enabling them to buy quality clothing, furniture and other household items at an affordable price.
About the Role
The Warehouse Production Hand position is responsible for receiving deposits of recyclable drink containers from customers and partner sites and operating equipment designed to count and sort these containers destined for bulk recycling. As this role will require lifting and carrying items, you will need to be aware of and be able to apply appropriate manual handling /lifting procedures that are compliant with Work Health and Safety regulations. Read more about this role.
What you need to be successful in this role
- Ability to meet production requirements of a busy collection and sorting centre
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment as well as individually
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying items in a safe and WHS compliant manner
- Proven customer service and organisational skills
- Ability to work to a timed and tightly controlled process environment
- Strong attention to detail and be self motivated
- Current Forklift Licence
- Current Drivers Licence
Conditions of Employment
The conditions of employment are governed by the Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015. The position is classified as Team Member Grade 2 and the hourly rate is $24.24.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
What we Offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s live.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax free.
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic team of employees and volunteers
How to apply Online
Your application will include the following:
- Cover letter: State why you are applying for this opportunity.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications and a brief history of your employment / work experiences.
To apply online, please follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your cover letter and CV. (Note: We do not accept applications sent to the HR email address.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Warehouse Production Hand (Unanderra) / VIN826.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 22 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is an Equal Employmet Opportunity Employer
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.