Truck Driver / Storeperson
Wollongong region, NSW
- Your opportunity to make a difference!
- Full time, 38 hours per week
- Based in North Wollongong, will work within Wollongong region
- Requires current LR Licence
The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Wollongong Central Council covers the area from Glenfield in the north to Ulladulla in the south and west to the Southern Highlands. There are a number of low socio-economic areas including broad acre housing estates in Campbelltown and areas of need in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven. The Wollongong Central Council operates a number of special works including Mental Health, Community Development and Accommodation Services.
About the Role
The Truck Driver/Store Person will regularly collect donations from clothing bins in different locations and pick up furniture and other goods donated by generous members of the community. The Driver will ensure that all collected donations are delivered to the warehouse or to Vinnies shops as required. This role is accountable for security, safety, maintenance, cleanliness and operation of vehicles and warehouse equipment and for the safety of all volunteers who use such vehicles and equipment. Click here for more information about this role.
What you need to be successful in this role
- Safe driving skills
- Good communication skills
- Physical ability to perform duties required of this position
- LR Drivers Licence
- Good geographical knowledge of the Wollongong areas
- Thorough knowledge of all road rules and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of Manual Handling procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Work, Health and Safety legislation and procedures
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with the philosophies, aims and objectives of the Society
- Treat clients with sensitivity at all times
- Maintain and respect confidentiality in relation to Society, Centres and Volunteers
- Have a sensitivity and awareness of class and cultural differences
- Work in a cooperative and empathetic manner when dealing with homeless people, other agencies, Society members, staff, volunteers and the general public
Conditions of Employment
The conditions of employment are governed by the Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement 2015. The position is classified as Team Member Grade 2 and the hourly rate is $24.24.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
What we Offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s live.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax free.
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic team of employees and volunteers
How to apply Online
Your application will include the following:
- Cover letter: State why you are applying for this opportunity.
- Current curriculum vitae: Outline your education and qualifications and detail a history of your employment and work experience.
To apply online, please follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your cover letter and CV. (Note: We do not accept applications sent to the HR email address.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Truck Driver / Storeperson (Wollongong) / VIN823.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 20 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society, NSW is an Equal Employmet Opportunity Employer
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.