Shop/Store Manager (Byron Bay)
Byron Bay, NSW
- 12 month term with view to extend; full-time 38 hours per week
- Based in Byron Bay, NSW
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
The Lismore Central Council currently has 27 Shops and covers the area from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. Vinnies Shops provide clothing and household goods to families and people who are in need and are being assisted by Conference members. Vinnies Shops are also a valuable resource for people on low incomes, enabling them to buy quality clothing and other household items at an affordable price.
About the Role
The Store Manager will oversee the daily operation of the store and responsibilities will include: financial accountability/reporting; supervision and training of volunteer staff; managing stock and merchandising; ensuring good service is provided at all times to customers and people we assist. The Store Manager will report to the Retail Operations Manager and supervise volunteer staff. Your proven staff management and leadership skills are highly important to be successful in this role. You can find more information about this role in the Position Description.
What you need
Demonstrated leadership experience in a retail environment.
- Demonstrated management of Volunteer teams.
- An unquestioning approach to delivering high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills with exceptional communication ability
- Competent computer skills
- Experience working with KPI’s
- Demonstrated success in meeting financial targets
- Ability to analyse and organise stock to maximise sales on the shop floor
- Ability to develop, mentor and motivate a dynamic team of volunteers
The conditions of employment are governed by the National Employment Standards. A generous salary packaging (calculated based on annual salary) is offered.
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
Applications will include the following:
Claims to the Essential Criteria in the cover letter:
- The Claims to the Essential Criteria is an important part of your application - explain how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the Essential Criteria. The essential criteria can be found in the position description. Please also provide information about why you are applying for this role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply online, follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your documents. (Note: We do not accept applications sent by email.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to Kim Boyd (Retail Operations Manager - Lismore Central Council) Kim@vinnieslismore.org. with email subject line: Store Manager (Byron Bay)/VIN813.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 14 February 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.