- Full-time 38 hours per week
- Based at Bankstown Community Support Centre
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
Community Support Centres are a point of contact for people seeking assistance from the St Vincent de Paul Society Sydney Archdiocese. The Centres also provide administrative and practical support to local Society members.
About the Role
The Administration Assistant will provide general administrative support that includes attending to visitors at reception, answering phone calls/enquiries, record keeping, preparing for meetings and other clerical assistance as requested by the Client Support Officer. To be successful in working in a busy environment, you will need good organisational and communication skills, as well as ability to relate positively with staff, volunteers and people we assist. Read more about this role.
What you need to be successful
- Demonstrated experience in administrative procedures.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks in a busy environment.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Willingness to work within the ethos and Mission Statement of the St Vincent de Paul Society and the Society’s Code of Conduct and ability to maintain an ethical, yet non-judgemental, attitude towards
- clients and staff, and a commitment to this.
- Demonstrated ability to use client database and Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
What we offer
• By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
• The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
• Training and development opportunities
The conditions of employment are governed by the Social Community Home Care & Disability Industry (SCHCADS). The position is classified as Level 3 (transitional) and hourly rates start from $26.59 depending on qualifications.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply Online:
Applications will include the following:
- Claims to the Essential Criteria in the cover letter:
The Claims to the Essential Criteria is an important part of your application. Please address the essential criteria by explaining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet them. Please also provide information about why you are applying for the role.
- Current curriculum vitae:
This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
To apply online, follow the prompts below - answer the questions and attach your documents. (Note: We do not accept applications sent by email.)
If you have questions about this role, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with email subject line Administration Assistant (Bankstown) / VIN741.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 17 December 2017
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.