Area Manager, Retail South Region
South Coast; involves travel
- Permanent, full-time
- Based in Nowra, involves travel within South Coast
- Generous salary packaging benefits
Your opportunity to make a difference!
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The role is in the Commercial Operations, Fundraising and Communications Directorate, and is part of the Retail and Logistics team. This team is responsible for state-wide retail service delivery; logistics and supply chain network; and retail projects.
The Area Manager, Retail South Region will lead and provide strategic direction to the retail teams within the specified region. The role is critical to ensuring that the retail network is able to operate optimally to meet its revenue objectives. An equally important task is to develop and implement effective strategies to enhance the productivity and growth of the retail teams within the region. The role will:
- develop and implement innovative strategies to achieve sales objectives and reduce costs.
- oversee continuous improvements in shop presentation/displays to increase and maintain public interest in the merchandise.
- review customer service delivery across all shops within the region and implement improvements where needed.
- manage volunteer and staff recruitment, induction, training and engagement.
- work closely with the state wide logistics team to ensure a constant supply of quality products.
The role will report to the Regional Manager, Retail - South. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in business, management and/or retail and demonstrated significant experience working in the management of large retail outlet/s.
- Demonstrated ability in successfully leading retail and supply chain operations.
- Proven people management skills including leading, motivating, coaching and developing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to identify volunteer requirements/opportunities ensuring optimum numbers of volunteers are recruited, inducted and engaged.
- Established knowledge and experience in volunteer management practices.
- Proven ability to review and analyse business data and analytics to enable effective reporting and decision-making on operational performance.
- High-level understanding of current issues facing the retail sector and not for profit industry.
- NSW driver licence and ability to travel across the South region.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Miranda Egner (Regional Retail Manager, South) on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Retail Area Manager, South Coast /VIN1957.
Click here for Information on how to apply.
Applications close at 11 pm on 18 October 2020
Please submit your application online with your Resume and response to the Role-specific criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.