Permanent, part-time 24 hours per week
Based at Vinnies in Nowra, NSW
Retail and Distribution Enterprise Agreement, Team Member Grade 3, hourly rate $26.66
- Current Driver Licence is required
Multi-faceted role with unique growth opportunities in an exciting period of change
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The Wollongong Diocesan Central Council covers the area from Glenfield in the north to Ulladulla in the south and west to the Southern Highlands. The Wollongong Diocesan Central Council operates a number of special works including, Mental Health Services and Community Development Services.
The Wollongong Diocese currently has 25 Centres. Vinnies Centres provide furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people who are in need and are being assisted by conference members. Centres are also a valuable resource for people on low incomes, enabling them to buy quality clothing, furniture and other household items at an affordable price.
The Shop (Centre) Supervisor will oversee the operation of the Vinnies shop. Duties will include staff and volunteer supervision and all tasks related to merchandising and customer service. This role will report to the Retail Operations/Enterprise Manager. Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Demonstrated experience in a retail or Volunteer supervisory role
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Good communication skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service
• An understanding of the principles of volunteer management
• The ability to ensure stock levels are maintained and stock is sorted, priced and presented to a high standard
• An understanding of Work Health and Safety and other relevant legislation
• Current Drivers licence
• Willingness to commit to the philosophy and values of the St Vincent de Paul Society
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Rod Douglass (Enterprise Operations Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job number and position title: Shop Supervisor (Nowra) / VIN1018.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 24 July 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume including your
responses to the Essential Criteria outlined in the attached Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.